– “I can’t fix everything. I’m not trying to fix everything either.” – Gov. Sam Brownback (in photo), during a Friday meeting with The Eagle editorial board
– “Kansas is the starter gun for tax competition. Brownback fired off the shot that said ‘Go.’” – anti-tax guru Grover Norquist, in a Bloomberg story headlined “Bleeding Kansas Shows Peril of GOP Bid to End Income Tax”
– “In the governor’s mind, if you take two and subtract one you come up with three. It just doesn’t add up.” – Rep. Nile Dillmore, D-Wichita, to Bloomberg
– “I do think it’s hard to be anywhere near Kansas right now.” – Amy Blouin, executive director of the Missouri Budget Project, to Bloomberg
– “It kind of eliminates a large group of Kansans out of that pursuit of happiness.” – Sen. Oletha Faust-Goudeau, D-Wichita, quoted in the New York Times about the governor’s tax-cutting experiment
Registered?Commenting on WE Blog now requires you to be a Kansas.com member. Use the links above to register, if you haven't already, or to log in.
Do you tweet? Follow us on Twitter: @WE_Tweet.