We’re not above adding to the endless succession of year-end lists. At least the “Media’s Top 10 Economic Myths of 2006,” from the Virginia-based pro-free enterprise Business & Media Institute, provides some food for thought about the state of American business, and of American news reporting on business:
10. American manufacturing is obsolete.
9. The American dream has become a nightmare.
8. You can’t be trusted with a fork and spoon.
7. Wages are stagnant.
6. Global warming doom grows ever nearer.
5. Increasing the minimum wage will help the millions of poor workers.
4. The housing bubble has burst.
3. Bird flu is going to kill us all.
2. Gasoline is a conspiracy — going up or coming down!
1. The U.S. economy is hopeless — again.
Posted by Rhonda Holman
Registered?Commenting on WE Blog now requires you to be a Kansas.com member. Use the links above to register, if you haven't already, or to log in.
Do you tweet? Follow us on Twitter: @WE_Tweet.