- Facts about Rinderpest | Body Armor / Bulletproof Vest for Sale on Major tornado outbreak possible this weekend in Kansas
- Tornado season off to a slow start in the U.S. | Finger on the Weather | Wichita Eagle Blogs on First tornado of the season in Kansas a meek one
- Kansas azotada por vientos de 100 mph, y granizo el tamaño pelotas de Golf - Noticias de Hoy - Noticias Internacionales - Noticias 24 horas on Storms deliver triple digit winds, hail nearly 5 inches in diameter, street flooding
- BEE die off/hail/storms … sign of the times | ARKOFGOD on Storms deliver triple digit winds, hail nearly 5 inches in diameter, street flooding
- Backwards storm: Kansas lashed by 100 mph winds, and soft-ball size hail | World Chaos News on Storms deliver triple digit winds, hail nearly 5 inches in diameter, street flooding
Daily Archives: 19 December, 2013
19 December, 20134:03 p.m.
By Stan Finger | |
19 December, 20135:00 a.m.
Thursday will offer one last batch of 60s before a winter storm blows into Kansas, forecasters say.
Skies will be cloudy, with south winds in the teens and gusting to about 20 miles an hour. The arriving cold front will switch winds to the north, gusting to more than 30 miles an hour and dropping lows to the low 20s.
Friday will see highs only reach the low 30s, forecasters say, with cloudy skies gradually clearing and blustery north winds easing in the afternoon. Lows will settle in the mid-20s overnight, with a chance of freezing drizzle arriving shortly before dawn and continuing through the morning.
The precipitation may change to rain Saturday afternoon, forecasters say, with highs creeping toward the mid-30s. A mix of wintry precipitation – freezing rain, sleet and snow – is likely Saturday night in the Wichita area before it completes a transition to snow early Sunday morning.
Snow is expected Sunday, along with blustery conditions. Check later forecasts for accumulation projections.
For more information on current conditions, go to our weather page.
By Stan Finger | |