Missouri State coach Barry Hinson did not participate in the Tuesday’s conference call. He was traveling to a game. It’s a busy Tuesday night in the Valley, with WSU at Indiana State, Drake at Bradley and Missouri State at Creighton. Some notes from the call.
- Bradley guard Andrew Warren broke a bone in his left (non-shooting) hand in Saturday’s win over Creighton. He won’t play tonight. Beyond that is unknown.
- Illinois State guard Dom Johnson is a question for Wednesday’s game against Evansville. He missed Saturday’s game against Indiana State with the flu. The Redbirds are 1-3 in games where a starter is out. Coach Tim Jankovich is not getting as much out of his bench in recent games as he did earlier.
- Evansville guard Jason Holsinger shot around Monday. He broke his left (non-shooting) hand on Feb. 9 vs. Drake. Coach Marty Simmons called him day to day. The Aces play Illinois State and Jankovich listened to the report on Holsinger with interest. “Now I guess we need to act as if he will play,” Jankovich said.
- Northen Iowa plays at Southern Illinois on Wednesday. The Salukis are 59-1 at home against MVC teams. “It’s a number – what do you really say about it,’ UNI coach Ben Jacobson said. “It’s so impressive, you’ve just got to tip your hat to them.”
- Home teams winning is not much of a story. They usually do. In the Valley, it seems more prevalent than usual. Road teams have won three games since Feb. 3.