A few more scanner tidbits from ace news associate Deb Phillips:
– Assist with a large fire in Valley Center. (Later) “You can disregard
that. It was 45 candles on a birthday cake putting out a lot of smoke.”
- From police channel: She’s calling about her neighbor shooting
death rays at her. Cop says: “We’d better stop at the store and get some aluminum foil.”
- Person called 911 to report a woman on her front porch taking
a sponge bath.
– 911 is called because someone is in a neighborhood “selling
vacuum cleaners suspiciously.”
– WPD looking for a shoplifter, last seen eastbound through the
parking lot from J.C. Penney wearing only a bra. (Let me guess what she took…)
- Disturbance with a pizza.
- Disturbance with a weedeater.
– Mom calls 911 to say her son, who’s wanted on probation
violation, is at his grandmother’s house. She helpfully gives his
description: he’s wearing baggy pants and a striped shirt – at least
that’s what he was wearing yesterday.
– A woman came home to find a little girl in her bed. (I’ll bet
she ate the poridge, too.)
- A woman called the 911 dispatcher to say that the kids were
outside digging worms, then hung up.
– Man called police because his neighbor came across the street
to mow his lawn and won’t stop.