It’s so hot the lake water feels like a nice bath.
The lake’s so low the most popular courtesy dock for getting into boats is sitting in the mud.
So it was when Mark Fowler and I hit Cheney Reservoir Monday morning. How’d we do?
– It only took us about 10 minutes to catch the first fish of the day.
– Mark was disappointed in the number of fish caught, but it was his best day of the year for another factor.
– I caught my ugliest fish of the year, and was danged glad to have it.
– We were both disappointed we didn’t catch a single keeping-sized wiper.
– A walleye somehow pulled a magic act and turned itself into a small wiper at the boat.
– I got enough material for a feature story on next Sunday’s Outdoors page,