– Sports Illustrated came out with its Big 12 season preview, and it predicts Kansas State to go 7-5 with a 4-4 conference record. It also says Daniel Thomas could turn into a darkhorse Heisman candidate.
– The Big Red Network asks, “what’s scary about Kansas State?” Its main answer? Thomas.
– Looking for a in-depth preview of UCLA, who the Wildcats will play in their season-opener on Sept. 4? Here is a good look at the Bruins.
A quote in the story from safety Rahim Moore: “This is our chance to show ourselves on the biggest state against great teams like Kansas State, Texas and Houston.”
– College Sports Matchups compiled this list of the Big 12′s must-watch games this season. Kansas State vs. UCLA and the Sunflower showdown both made the cut.
– ESPN.com has this story about the NCAA questioning Bryce Brown on some of Tennessee’s recruiting practices under former coach Lane Kiffin.
– In case you missed it yesterday, here is a link to my story on K-State’s offensive line. Even though it will be without former standout Nick Stringer, it returns four starters from last year. And those starters have formed quite the bond.