You’re awake. Now that you’re up, here are a few links to help you start your day:
– George Schroeder wrote a feature on Collin Klein for SI.com.
– Here’s my story from today’s paper about senior defensive back Nigel Malone. He is coming off a big year and has a reputation to uphold for the first time in his life. But he’s not letting that change his approach.
– Rather than move all his belongings with him to his new home in Phoenix, former K-State basketball star Michael Beasley had an estate sale at his former Minnesota home.
Joan Niesen, of Fox Sports, checked it out and came away wondering why Beasley owned so much strange stuff.
Why does Michael Beasley need a copy of the Physicians’ Desk Reference? Or a book of Ingmar Bergman screenplays? Or giant glass grapes? What use does Beasley have for a floral headboard? Why does he love tasseled pillows so much? Whose handbags are those?
– Around the Big 12, Steele Jantz is once again the starting quarterback at Iowa State. He started off hot last year, but served as the team’s backup as the season came to an end.
– Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby stopped by Ames, Iowa yesterday and talked about the status of the league. According to this story he suggested the best way to ensure long-term stability for the league is to make it into a conference so strong no school will ever want to leave again.