The Royal Sampler: Big 12 football predictions, videos and links

PREDICTIONS
All ten teams in the Big 12 are in action and playing each other this weekend. A big Saturday awaits. Here are my picks:

TCU at Baylor:The Horned Frogs looked downright bad on offense against Iowa State last week without their starting quarterback. He has since left the team, so don’t expect much of a points boost this weekend. Even though Baylor’s defense is suspect, its offense is legit. TCU doesn’t have the firepower to keep up.

Oklahoma State at Kansas: Charlie Weis tried to bully the student newspaper last week and the Jayhawks responded by losing badly at Kansas State. He is still trying to bully the student newspaper, and a pattern is beginning to form. The Jayhawks will lose badly again to Oklahoma State.

West Virginia at Texas Tech: I made the mistake of picking Texas Tech last week. The Red Raiders got drilled at home by Oklahoma. I don’t think they are normally as bad as they looked against the Sooners, but I no longer think they are good enough to pull a major upset. I see the Mountaineers winning by about 14.

Texas vs. Oklahoma: The Sooners made up for a home loss to K-State with a resounding victory at Texas Tech, but I’m still surprised Oklahoma is favored in this game. Texas fell a missed field goal short of taking West Virginia to overtime last week, and has looked great on offense all season. If Landry Jones plays his best game, the Sooners will win. But can you count on that? I like the Longhorns to win by a touchdown.

Kansas State at Iowa State: Bill Snyder and Paul Rhoads have turned Farmageddon into a highly entertaining series over the past three years. The Wildcats have won four straight in the series, but all four games were close. And now the game shifts back to Jack Trice Stadium for the first time since 2007. With thunder storms possibly on the way, it looks like this game will once again come down to the final moments. Both teams are well coached and have good defenses. But K-State’s running game, behind Collin Klein and John Hubert, gives the Wildcats an edge. My prediction: K-State 28, Iowa State 23.

VIDEOS

I haven’t shared a K-State Mask video in a while. But he’s back this week, because he can apparently pilot an airplane. Who knew?

Two videos today. I’m going to go out on a limb and say this rap does more harm than good for Oklahoma.

LINKS
– Iowa State has two of the best linebackers in the Big 12 in Jake Knott and A.J. Klein. They are a big reason why the Cyclones have been successful in recent years.

– K-State center B.J. Finney is only a sophomore, but he leads the Wildcats’ offensive line like a senior.

– Sean Keeler, of Fox Sports, takes an interesting look at how Justin Tuggle has reluctantly ended up following in his father’s footsteps as a linebacker.

– The forecast in Ames tomorrow isn’t perfect.

– Iowa State receiver Josh Lenz had a monster game last week against TCU, scoring four touchdowns. The Des Moines Register takes a look at how he is getting it done for the Cyclones.

– The Des Moines Register also answers five questions about the K-State game.