PICTURE OF THE DAY
The most famous tackle of Tre Walker’s football career. Looking back, it’s hard to believe this play was originally ruled a Miami touchdown.
Winners in bold
Iowa State at Iowa: The Cyclones shocked Iowa last year in Ames. I doubt that happens again, though Iowa State will keep the game close. This will go down as the Big 12′s first loss of the year.
Oklahoma State at Arizona: The Wildcats are pretty pissed about the beatings the Cowboys have handed them in recent matter. Doesn’t matter, Oklahoma State wins again.
Rice at Kansas: The Jayhawks didn’t look great in their opener, but they looked better than Rice.
Florida A&M at Oklahoma: No FCS school has a chance against the Sooners.
Grambling State at TCU: Let me think? Uh, TCU.
New Mexico at Texas: Lobos are better than last year, but the Longhorns will roll at home.
Texas Tech at Texas State: Dennis Franchione guided the Bobcats to an epic win at Houston last week, and a record crowd should turn out for this one in San Marcos. Still, I think the Red Raiders escape with victory. Too bad it won’t be on TV.
Miami at Kansas State: The Wildcats won a thrilling game over the Hurricanes last year, and the rematch could be just as exciting. Both teams had problems defending the pass last week, and that could lead to plenty of points. But both offenses like to run the ball. Duke Johnson and John Hubert are coming off huge games.
I think run defense could be the difference in the game, so I’m predicting K-State to win because of Arthur Brown. Playing at home will also give the Wildcats an edge. K-State 33, Miami 28.
– Hilarious story here out of College Station, Texas. When no one was looking, the Aggies added national championships and conference championships to their wall of fame.
For years, the Aggies have boasted one football national title, which they won nearly 3-quarters of a century ago in 1939.
Yet the Aggies have now decided that, in order to better fit in with their new conference foes, that they will also claim national titles from 1919 and 1927 as well.
In addition to now claiming themselves as 3-time National Champions, they’ve even taken it a step further, “updating” their stadium with their latest accolades.
They also are now claiming several Big 12 championships, including one year in which they lost in the Big 12 title game and another in which they didn’t even play in the conference championship game. Like I said, hilarioius.
– The Big 12′s TV contract is finally set in stone. Here are the details.
– K-State used its win over Miami last year as a stepping stone to something bigger.
– Oklahoma has some new details on its university-run sports station.
– TCU will take the field in a renovated football stadium on Saturday.
– Miami safety Deon Bush has a family history with the Hurricanes.
– Alex Etherington, K-State’s first basketball commit from the class of 2013, is looking forward to playing team basketball instead of worrying about being recruited during his senior of high school. He is also looking forward to taking his official visit to K-State next weekend.