The only thing that can beat a Royal Flush is The Royal Sampler
VIDEO OF THE DAY
I hate to bring added attention to this song, which comes from the same Missouri fans who put out a weird rap song about their beloved Tigers a few months ago, but anytime Deadspin writes “When people say they hate country music, this video is probably what they’re thinking of,” you can’t not watch the video.
Anyway, the video has nearly 60,000 views on YouTube with 152 likes (really?) and 987 dislikes.
All I can really say about it is: If you were upset about Missouri leaving the Big 12, this song makes you miss the Tigers a little less.
PICTURE OF THE DAY
Not sure how long this picture has been running on the Kansas City Command’s home page, but I saw it for the first time today. Thanks to @RealMikeT for sharing it on twitter. Former K-State quarterback Carson Coffman signed on with the arena football team a while back. Good to see the organization thinks enough of him to use his image in an attempt to sell tickets
– Angel Rodriguez spoke to SI.com for a story that came out today. Most of the article is devoted to his decision to stay at K-State instead of following Frank Martin to South Carolina, which has been covered quite a bit already. But Rodriguez did share some new info. Check out his personal goals for the upcoming season:
“My assist-to-turnover ratio,” Rodriguez said in regards to what he wants to improve on the most this season. “I’ll be playing more calm and more under control. My shot has also been more consistent, I’ve been working on that.”
“My goal is to compete with any other guard in the Big 12, we’ve got great guards. I’m just willing to compete against anybody and if I play under control, I think it should be fine.”
– K-State won its season-opener last year, but it wasn’t a pretty game. The Wildcats are using that poor showing for motivation this time around.
– A short interview with K-State backup running back Angelo Pease.
– Oklahoma State’s Tracy Moore is in trouble with the law … for the third time in six months. That’s got to be some kind of record.
– The Big 12 launched a new advertising campaign today. Bill Snyder is featured a couple times. See:
BEST OF TWITTER
First Missouri State quarterback Ashton Glaser talked big, then he showed Kansas State respect.
I don’t care if Kansas state is a ranked opponent, I intend on shocking the world.
— Ashton Glaser (@AshtonGlaser16) August 28, 2012
Watching more film on K-State. They’re a great football team and we are definitely going to need to play our A game this weekend.
— Ashton Glaser (@AshtonGlaser16) August 29, 2012