We have linked to numerous stories about Brandon Banks’ hot start with the Washington Redskins lately. So today we look at some other former Kansas State football players in the pros.
– For starters, here’s a look at how Jordy Nelson is fitting in with the Green Bay Packers.
– Darren Sproles missed the Chargers’ preseason opener with a bum shoulder, but the injury is not believed to be serious. When he returns, San Diego coaches expect Sproles to help make up for the backfield loss of LaDainian Tomlinson.
– Jeffrey Fitzgerald, who led the Wildcats in sacks last season, was cut from the Chiefs yesterday. Too bad. The Chiefs’ next preseason game is against Tampa Bay. He could have been reunited with former K-State tight end Jeron Mastrud and former quarterback Josh Freeman.
– Speaking of Freeman, ESPN.com has this blog on how the Buccaneers are looking to him as a possible cornerstone of the franchise moving forward.
– K-State’s top cornerback from a year ago, Joshua Moore, is also looking to make an impact with the Chicago Bears.
– Turning away from K-Staters in the NFL, ESPN.com Big 12 blogger David Ubben has this preseason video look at the Wildcats.
– And though it’s not exactly K-State related, conference realignment talk has resurfaced. That’s always interesting. This time BYU is strongly considering leaving the Mountain West for football independence and the WAC in all other sports.
That has some bloggers from other mid-major conferences across the country wondering what the next domino to fall could be should BYU indeed leave the MWC.
ESPN.com has already reported that the MWC has reached out to Fresno State and Nevada, but been turned down by both.