Before too long, I’ll be heading over to Manhattan to check out the Kansas State football team at Fan Appreciation day.
Until then, why don’t I introduce you to a regular post of mine I call “Links for Lunch.” Every time there are interesting articles or blogs talking about Kansas State or the Wildcats’ upcoming opponents, I will link to them in this space.
On occassion, I may post them at odd times. So you could end up with Links for Breakfast or Links for Dinner. But for now, they’re Links for Lunch.
And on to the links …
– While everyone wants to know who Kansas State’s starting quarterback will be this season, one of its backups made news Thursday. K-State redshirt freshman quarterback Joseph Kassanavoid was arrested on domestic battery charges. Here are some details.
– Ron Prince is back at Virginia doing a little assisting coaching while he tries to take all the money he can from Kansas State. Zach Berman, of the L.A. Times caught up with him, and Prince (shockingly) admits his defenses could have been better in Manhattan. Via the Manhattan Mercury, here’s the story.
– On a similar note, Cole Manbeck of the Mercury, has a column about how K-State is trying to fix its defense.
– The Topeka Capital Journal has this column on the importance of improved offensive line play.
– And finally, 810 sports reported a few days ago that Xzavier Stewart is no longer on the team. Haven’t seen that news anywhere else, which is odd, but it will be pretty obvious where he stands at practice today. If he’s there, he’s probably on the team. If he’s not, he’s probably off.
Enjoy your reading. I’ll be back after practice to break down what I saw. Let’s hope it’s more than stretching.