One season after a Final Four berth and an appearance in the national title game, Kansas basketball will once again get plenty of television exposure.
Kansas will make four appearances on ESPN’s “Big Monday” during the Big 12 basketball season, the conference announced Wednesday.
- The “Big Monday” schedule starts Jan. 14 with KU playing host to Baylor at 8 p.m.
- Jan. 21, Martin Luther King, Jr., Day, features a doubleheader with Oklahoma State at Baylor at 4:30 and Texas at Oklahoma at 8:30.
- On Jan. 28, Kansas plays its first conference game at West Virginia, an 8 p.m. tip. The Mountaineers are on “Big Monday” the following week against Texas at 8 p.m. Feb. 4 in Morgantown.
- The Sunflower Showdown in Allen Fieldhouse at 8 p.m. Feb. 11 will get the “Big Monday” treatment, as well as Bob Huggins’ return to Manhattan at 8 p.m. Feb. 18 when K-State plays host to West Virginia.
- On Feb. 25, Kansas plays at Iowa State, an 8 p.m. tip, and the schedule closes out with Baylor at Texas at 8 p.m. March 4.
That’s four appearances for KU in eight official Big Monday dates. And it bodes well for the Jayhawks, who are 26-8 in Big Monday games under coach Bill Self — including 14-0 at home. In all, KU is 45-16 in Big Monday matchups.