TagsAdam Clements April Reed Bradley Fair Builders Inc. Carl Brewer Classic Real Estate Clifton Square Comotara Center Delano Dillons Don Piros Eastgate Plaza Facebook Garvey Center Grubb & Ellis/Martens Commercial Group InSite Real Estate Group Intrust Bank Arena J.P. Weigand & Sons Laham Development Landmark Commercial Real Estate Leisa Lowry Lowe's Melad Stephan Michael Ramsey NewMarket Square Normandie Center Occidental Management Old Town Old Town Square Phil Ruffin QuikTrip Robert Eyster Sedgwick County District Court Shops at Tallgrass Slawson Cos. The Wichita Eagle Towne East Square Towne West Square Twitter Wal-Mart Walmart Waterfront Wichita City Council Wichita State University Wink Hartman Sr.
Category Archives: Chamber
Jan. 15, 20143:04 p.m.
“I don’t know what kind of masochists you are, coming to hear a presentation on presentations.”
Nov. 6, 20132:13 p.m.
“I thought I’d get in line right behind him.”
– Outgoing Chamber chairwoman Debbie Gann, who “about choked” at the group’s annual dinner Tuesday when possible mayoral candidate Jeff Turner suggested she would make a great mayor
Oct. 9, 201310:58 a.m.
“The more boring the speaker, the higher the internet usage.”
– Kent Audio Visual general manager John Bazzelle commenting at the chamber’s Sunrise Scrambler that his company’s mobile wireless service shows real-time Internet activity and can indicate how well a presentation is going
Sept. 18, 20134:36 p.m.
Aug. 28, 20133:03 p.m.
“We know you’re a Democrat.”
– Park City administrator Jack Whitson, teasing the city’s chamber president, registered Republican Dean Frankenbery, about a misprint that said Rep. Mike Pompom, not Pompeo, would be the group’s next speaker
Aug. 21, 20133:36 p.m.
“I know you are all wondering if that beautiful new red car parked over there is a door prize. It’s not. It’s the speaker’s gift.”
July 17, 20133:30 p.m.
“We can rule out Matt Damon and Vladimir Putin.”
– Wichita Metro Chamber of Commerce spokeswoman Angie Prather on how this year’s annual speaker, who will be announced on Friday, isn’t a celebrity or politician but is an inquisitive businessman who’s going to “gallop” to town to Nov. 5
May 1, 20134:52 p.m.
“No, I did not rob the cradle.”
– Hotelier Jim Korroch explaining that his young “date” was his teenage daughter as he gave the keynote speech Wednesday for the Chamber’s Small Business Awards
April 17, 20133:43 p.m.
“I think he’s been in the kitchen all day.”