I had the opportunity to speak at the monthly Wichita Bar Association lunch today. I’m guessing it’s the last of the year and they ran out of speakers. But they wanted me to talk about my experiences using social media in my job covering courts and how attorneys and judges can use these sites. It’s similar to what I’ve spoken about at the American Bar Association National Meeting.
Below are some of the links we talked about.
- We talked about some examples of attorneys using YouTube, including a serious approach and a not-so-serious one.
- A law firm that uses a Facebook page to help drive business.
- Some examples of attorneys who use Twitter, including some experts on various legal issues and research opportunities. As an extra, here is a list of 145 lawyers to follow on Twitter.
- Kevin O’Keefe and his LexBlog network provides an excellent example of blogging lawyers.
- The ABA’s Legal Rebels tracks innovate attorneys putting technology to use in the practical world.
- I pointed to this firm as having a useful web site that provides information, while promoting its lawyers.
- And it also has a witty way of saying Happy Holidays. That one, just for fun.
- There are more links here from a talk I gave in October for the Wichita Women Attorneys Association.